1. Sexual addiction. Like lots of youngster stars, this little one athlete was objectified, getting to be a commodity to his handlers. It follows that he now sees other men and women in the very same light, as objects to fulfill his wants.
2. The evolutionary rationalization is that man’s biological want is to unfold his seed and therefore guarantee survival of the human race. Culturally this plays out in our placing and accepting the double regular. (Boys will be boys, suitable?)
3. Why did Tiger cheat? Forget the phrase cheat. Just after 20 several years of mediating divorces I know infidelity is usually just an try to satisfy unmet requirements. Revenue, fame, and endorsement contracts can make life less difficult but they cannot fill up the emptiness within.
4. Marriage is complicated and each individual relationship offers challenges. In Tiger’s situation there had been significant cultural dissimilarities and the pressure related to superstar. Also, this couple faced the standard pitfalls that partners experience when the concentrate is moved from “the we” on to the young children, and do the job-linked vacation and the normal worry of life get in the way.
5. Culturally we provide no relationship planning. When hormones are jogging substantial, no 1 needs it. How can young people today learn about what it usually takes to make relationship operate when all they have it the passionate fantasy the media delivers? Society need to impose marital education and learning that would include equally an substantial pre-marital evaluation/profile and follow-up into the very first several yrs of relationship.
6. There is a Common Regulation that no a person gets a cost-free trip. High highs provide low lows. You know, the even larger they are, the more durable they fall. Now’s his time to experience the suffering of humiliation. And, soon after all that glory, its gonna be huge. We may well have only viewed the tip of the ice berg.
7. He didn’t think we might care. Soon after all, he is not a minister, politician or other proponent of significant morals. When a holy-roller hypocrite is caught dishonest its their hypocrisy, a lot more then their human failings, that do them in. Tiger is just an athlete, not a Conservative pundit or an Evangelical Minister. He is entitled to make faults, following all he in no way informed us how to reside.
8. Other folks acquired away with it. Kobe, Letterman, Hugh Grant, Woody Allen, Monthly bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy and others have been able to continue on on following their naughty headlines. Intercourse scandals come in levels. In just reason we are pleased to minimize most adult males some slack.
9. The Shadow. This is Carl Jung’s term for the repressed and denied aspects of self. We job out the opposite of what we detect with with. Whats repressed is expressed. So its normal that Woods’ wholesome persona had an indecent unconscious shadow aspect.
10. Like all of us, Tiger’s greatest strength is also his biggest weak spot. And, like the rest of us, whats very best about him is also whats worst about him. Tiger’s uncanny skill to block out other feelings and concentrate on the moment and his activity has produced him the world’s most prosperous golfer. But, this similar ability to concentrate and be in the minute may well have permitted him to block out the outcomes for his actions and place his marriage out of his peripheral eyesight. Is Tiger a just one-trick pony? (A golf good results and a everyday living failure.) I you should not know. Continue to be tuned and we will locate out.
(Particular many thanks to my mate and colleague Dr. Renae Lapin, LMFT who the moment all over again proves two heads are far better then a single. Renae’s feedback sparked the magic of brainstorming and allowed me to finish this article.)